Happy Monday everyone! After travelling the past week on business, I was ready to get back into the swing of things enjoying some fabulous fashion at the Emmys. I don’t know about you, but I was greatly disappointed! My take on the dresses featured on last night’s red carpet was that designers clearly were so busy they did not have time to finish the dresses.
From metallics to jewel tones to classical LBDs, long black dress that is, there were some bold and beautiful looks. However, I don’t know about you, but I am over these see through dresses.
Some of my favorite dresses from last night proved that you don’t have to bear it all to look stunning.
- Lady Gaga: I was in shock when I saw Gaga’s simple and classic elegance. I have never seen her look so good!
- Sarah Highland: Burgundy is one of my favorite colors, and I’m so excited to see the color plastered all over fall looks. The off the shoulder and simple lines gave an understated yet fierce look.
I love a little bling, so I’m definitely excited to see a splash of metallics. Here were some of my favorite metallic looks.
- Kerry Washington: This Marc Jacobs dress had to be one of my favorites from last night, period.
- Claire Danes: Claire looked incredible in this simple yet sassy Prada look. I loved the cut and color, but I must say this dress would likely look terrible on anyone with curves.
- Lena Hedley: This Zuhair Murad dress is just fantastic. Lena looked like absolute royalty last night. The only thing I would change would be to slick back her hair.
- Sophia Vergara: Sophia looked incredible as always; however, I would love to see her go for something new. She pretty much wears the same dress in a different color every time she walks a red carpet.
- Sarah Paulson: While this dress is not something I would likely go for, I thought the dress fit her just perfectly.
- Christina Hendricks: Naeem Khan is one of my favorite designers, and this intense look was incredible. I love the confidence she displays in everything she wears.
As I’m on a mission to be less critical, I wont be too critical. Instead of harping on some of my least favorite looks, here is a collage of some of the not so fabulous looks.
Given that it was over 100 degrees last night, I’m going to be lenient this time around. Hope you all have a great week! Can’t wait to share fun moments from my trip, so stay tuned!