Top 5 Trends I Hope Stay in 2015

I hope you all are off to an amazing start in the new year!  Honestly, I still cannot believe how fast last year went.  2015 was not my favorite year, so I am looking forward to wiping the clean slate and starting fresh.

When it comes to fashion, there are a few trends I hope stay in 2015.

Sheer Madness

From Jennifer Lopez to Beyonce and beyond, it seems like everyone in Hollywood was competing to see who could wear the most transparent dress.  This is a look that screams desperate for attention, and I would love to see more class and less sheer  in 2016.  I know people love the sheer look, but I strongly believe there is a line that should not be crossed.

Bralettes

I hope that the bralette keeps all sheer dresses company in the past. Very few people can pull off this look to begin with, and who can actually wear a bralette in their daily life? Imagine seeing a work colleague wearing a bralette. #fired

Birkenstocks

Birkenstocks have been around for ages. I vividly remember every girl and boy  in my middle school class begging their moms for a pair.  Then people came to their senses, and the look faded…for years.  That is until recently. Heidi Klum released a line for the brand, and suddenly, the look resurrected. While these sandals are comfortable, I just cannot stand the style…especially when worn with socks!!!  Just say NO.

Overalls

Just like Birkenstocks, the overall is a childhood look I would love to forget.  I don’t care how stylish and fabulous you may be, if you put on a pair of overalls (especially the shorts), it is difficult to be taken seriously. Like the rest of the trends featured in this post, overalls are typically unflattering. Take a look at some of our double offenders.  While I appreciate Vanessa’s “free spirit”, her style is a bit perplexing.

High-Waist  Skinny Jean

Many of you may remember the infamous picture of Jessica Simpson sporting those dreadful high-waist flare jeans.  Fashion critics everywhere went ballistic.  The look was incredibly unflattering, as she had a large bust and small torso.  While I felt her pain, I would NEVER go for the high waist. Even if you are a twig, depending on your body proportions, the high waist jean is very difficult to pull off. Add the skinny component, and you have a recipe for disaster.  The trend tends to create the flat butt look, which no one wants.  What made this trend even worse was the fact that it was frequently coupled with another horrible trend…the bralette. Here’s to hoping we see less of this in 2016.

Have a trend you’d love to keep in 2015?!?  Lets hear it!

Let’s get connected friends!

Instagram:@admirablylegal

Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/admirablylegal

Twitter:@MiraHaykal

Advertisements

59 thoughts on “Top 5 Trends I Hope Stay in 2015

1. CosmeticChaos says:

I can’t tell you how on board I am with the friggin sheer bullshit. As someone who is always hot I can’t stand it. Why do j have to layer ten shirts so you can’t see my boobs? That’s not how a shirt works, that’s not how any of this works. Put on shirt. Boobs covered. Additional shirts optional.

Liked by 1 person

2. MyTeenageMadness says:

Absolutely couldn’t agree more about the first 3, they’re hideous. But I have to say, I have a bit of a soft spot for overalls/dungarees (though I wouldn’t wear them myself) and the most flattering jeans I’ve ever found also happen to be high waisted! xx

Liked by 1 person

• admirablylegal says:

I’m sure you could pull them off…me, not so much. I do think we will see diversity in cuts this year as opposed to the domination of the skinny everything. It’s always good to change things up a bit. Happy New Year, Yvonne!🎉

3. kimboxin says:

I agree with all of these, and would like to add over-sized hats to the list. Where in the world is Carmen San Diego? She’s over there, and she looks ridiculous in her overalls and wide-brimmed hat! #TryingTooHard

Liked by 1 person

4. Allison M. says:

So totally in agreement with the overalls and the Birkenstocks; one can’t be taken seriously if they look like they’re on one of those redneck-from-the-woods reality shows. I agree with the sheer look as well, although it’s still okay if it’s done in moderation (e.g. a simple lace wrap top) and doesn’t let one’s shortcomings shine through (unlike the above photos).

Liked by 1 person

• admirablylegal says:

Allison, your comment cracked me up. Well said! I absolutely cannot take someone seriously in Birkenstocks. Here’s to hoping the eyesore is no more in 2016! While there’s no such thing as moderation with Birkenstocks, I do agree that the sheer look can be done tastefully. It’s the overwhelming nakedness you see on the red carpet that has gotten so old. Enough already!

Liked by 1 person

5. lavenuedelouise says:

I agree with you completely, especially with the Birckenstocks!! This summer it almost happened, I almost thought they could be fashionable. Luckily I got my common sense back in time to see the light. That’s the problem I think with some of those ugly trends; when you see it often enough, you start to like it and then, well, all hell breaks loose. I hate it when people use the ‘but it’s so comfy’ excuse for everything. Like looking a bit fashionable or stylish is the exact opposite of being comfy. Trust me, I’m waaaaay more at ease in a pantsuit with a pretty shirt and high heels than when I’d wear wedgie jeans and a bra and Birckenstocks.
    Love the post and love the blog!!

Liked by 1 person

• admirablylegal says:

You are so so right! You aren’t the first person who has said this to me either. Ferragamo had some Birkenstock style sandals on sale, and a friend of mine called me to talk her out of it. It’s amazing how seeing certain images affects us without our realizing it. It’s funny because a lot of the less stylish looks are uncomfortable (and overpriced) too. I’m not buying that excuse either!!! Thanks so much for stopping by, love!!

6. carmen says:

I think sheer clothes are fine … in the bedroom.
    I think bralettes are very appropriate … for mermaids.
    I think overalls have a place … on the farm.
    I think Birkenstocks are great … for a quick trip to the garden as long as no one sees you.

Hey! It’s just my opinion!

❤ carmen

Liked by 1 person

7. insapphicsunshine says:

Evening Mira!

For openers, I enjoyed this post, and I concur with everything you’ve noted. Except…I didn’t find B’s high-waist jeans unappealing! I thought they looked rather cute with those little colorful heels. (smile) Yet I will concede, the look is not one for most people. Come to think of it, high-waist shorts can be equally as teeth clenching! 😀

Now to answer your question, I vote for brand names plastered across one’s bum to be left in 2015 and sealed in a fashion vault never to be resurrected. I’ll bet I could conjure others once I stand, stretch and stroll to the kitchen.

Have a wonderful Wednesday evening!

Claudia